Lets get that nucleaur fission reactor in the sky working for us generating clean solar energy!
Get hands on experience and learn about real world applications of basic off-grid solar power systems:
– Powering small electronics in remote areas
– USB solar charging
– Solar water pumps & irrigation for gardening
– Efficient solar home lighting
– Metering and testing photovoltaic circuits
– AC vs DC Power
– Basic calculations using Watts, Amps, Volts and Hours
– Calculating Loads
– Series vs Parallel
– Panel & Battery Selection
We will be building, and testing a variety of solar circuits from the micro scale to full sized off-grid systems.
Donations will be accepted and go towards hosting future workshops and our partners at Homeless EcoVille who are constructing low-cost tiny-houses utilizing solar power to provide a sustainable housing community for the homeless.
To find out more about their project check out the video
and consider donating to their fundraising campaign with a note about this workshop: