Interns have the opportunity to enhance and support a community building organization, with ongoing partnerships with Richmond Public Schools, several small businesses and other non-profits such as Food not Bombs. Interns may have the opportunity to assume other position titles after their internship. Internship lengths vary based on need.
Interns receive hands-on experience and resume-building skills in:
- Nonprofit administration
- Urban Agriculture and Sustainability
- Marketing, Advertising Design
- Leading and facilitating, classes, workshops and events
- Film-making and digital photography
- Makerspace facilities maintenance
We expect at least a minimum of 2-3 hour per week commitment for anyone interested.
An ideal internship candidate would be available 8 hours per week. There would be opportunities for taking on more responsibilities, although at this time it would be generally unpaid with stipend based and paid assignment opportunities in the future.
We are just 1 mile from VCU campus and have a computer lab with creative software installed in addition to a small photo studio. If transportation is an issue get a bicycle. If weather is an issue then teleworking is an option.
To apply for an internship, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- A copy of your resume
- 3 references
Please also answer these questions in the body of your email:
- What are you interested in learning about through your internship at Createspace?
- What skills and abilities do you bring?
- What is your availability (weekday times, weekend times)?